Society Equestrian Marshal
- Check the Documents page for New Policies and interpretations of the rules.
- Mounted Archery - Bow poundage limits (Nov 21, 2013)
A Society-wide experiment eliminating bow poundage limits for target archery bows used in mounted archery is in effect
starting Nov 21, 2013. The experiment is open to any kingdom that wishes to participate, and each kingdom shall report its experience
monthly. Please contact the SEO immediately for details on participation in this experiment.
- State of Equestrian Affairs - 2009
- Background checks (Jan 15, 2008)
If youths are part of adult combat
(i.e. they are in a kingdom that lets them fight with adults from age 14 in rapier, and age 16 in heavy combat),
then background checks are not required of Marshals. If it is combat between youths with adult supervision,
then the Marshals should have background checks.
- There is NO cross-bow shooting off horseback in the SCA.
- On Minor Waivers (Jul 1, 2007)
All Kingdoms should follow this policy, to be implemented immediately:
Any minor participating in Equestrian Activities must have their parent
or legal guardian sign for the minor on the adult Equestrian waiver
(general or State specific, whichever is used by adults at the
event/practice). Where the waiver says "Legal name", write "<parent's
name> as parent/legal guardian on behalf of <minor's name>", and then
have the parent sign.
- Membership required for marshals (Dec 13, 2006)
- Driving Horses in the SCA (Nov 21, 2006)